Re: lynx-dev Lynx accessibility issue

From: mattack
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx accessibility issue
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 18:24:27 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 19 May 1999 address@hidden wrote:
>> Is there some easy way I can get Lynx to just use INVERSE only?
>
>if you tell it (by setting TERM=vt100, for example), then it won't use
>color - right?  (even slang won't use color if you unset $COLORTERM).

I sort of described this problem a few weeks/months ago, and finally wrote up a
bug (actually, an enhancement request) about the terminal program I use here at
work.

The relevant values I can set for color are
window background, selection color

text colors - normal, bold, blink, and two for inverse...(foreground and bg)

What I _want_ to be able to do is have 'blue' for window background,
white for text, white for bold, and blue and white for inverse (in the opposite
order as normal, obviously).

When I have 'white' for bold, then I can't read the pine selection bar, or the
prompts in trn because it's solid white.

When I have blue for bold, all of the links in Lynx are completely
invisible (blue text on blue background) except for the currently hilighted
link.

My current workaround is making bold completely black, which is the
least-unreadable combination I can come up with.  I *REALLY* like the
blue/white combination normally...

So if there were some way to have Lynx just use inverse text instead of bold
(or bold + inverse? Maybe that's what's messing it up?), that would fix
most of my problems..  (I notice that the ~s for nonexistant lines in vim also
disappear.)