Re: new version of structured description ... patch [lynx-dev]

From: Michael Warner
Subject: Re: new version of structured description ... patch [lynx-dev]
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 23:10:02 -0700

On or about 19 May, 1999, Henry Nelson
<address@hidden> wrote:

> Before any kind of vote people need time to try things out.  A
> lot of people on this list cannot just drop everything, apply
> every patch that comes along and thoroughly evaluate it.  You
> can gather from the messages that only a handful of people have
> had time to take a look; others are not yet convinced that it
> is even worth their time to check it out.  For a work the size
> you are proposing it is going to take time for the vote to come
> in no matter how the voting is done.

In this case, the layers of patch and counter-patch seemed
especially convoluted, as did the discussion.  Since I have no
technical expertise to contribute, I more or less waited for
things to settle out before I investigated.  Now that Vlad's work
is (I think?) mostly stabilized, is there any chance of a brief
summary and pointer to the "evaluation copy", if I haven't just
overlooked one that's already been sent?  OK, I see the URL
for the patch in a recent message, so how about just a few
sentences to sum up what it does?

I'm only vaguely aware of what the feature would offer, and
haven't formed any opinion of whether it's something I'd use.  As
Henry suggests, I'm probably not the only one.

--
Michael Warner <address@hidden>
  "'Just answering some E-mail,' Nat said without looking up.  'I'm in