lynx-dev RE: lynx cfg on alpha

From: Andy Harper
Subject: lynx-dev RE: lynx cfg on alpha
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 10:40:49 BST

>My lynx.cfg file is in my directory(sys$login), which is dua330:[clair].
>The 2 logicals Lynx_Dir and LYNX_CFG are set in login.com as
>follows :
>
>$ define/job  Lynx_Dir dua330:[sys$login]
>$ define/job LYNX_CFG DUA330:[CLAIR]LYNX.CFG
>
>The sho log Lynx_Dir
>and sho log LYNX_CFG both look ok to me. Here is the result of
>executing those commands :
>
>HNAB$ sho log Lynx_Dir
>   "LYNX_DIR" = "DUA330:[SYS$LOGIN]" (LNM$JOB_819EB000)
>HNAB$ sho log LYNX_CFG
>   "LYNX_CFG" = "DUA330:[CLAIR]LYNX.CFG" (LNM$JOB_819EB000)
>HNAB$
>Apparently Lynx does not see DUA330:[CLAIR]LYNX.CFG. I have no idea why.
>I renamed lynx.cfg to lynx.cfgg (thus making it impossible for Lynx to
>find a lynx.cfg file), and lynx functioned as if I had done nothing.
>In other words, it seems as though lynx is not even using lynx.cfg.
>Is this possible ?
>There is no other lynx.cfg file on any other directory on my system.
>
>Does anyone see what it is that I am doing wrong?

    Yes, I think I can.

    Your definition of lynx_dir is wrong. you cant use sys$login inside []
    You should define lynx_dir as:
        define /job dua330:[clair]

    Also try lynx -trace as this will create a sys$login:lynx.trace file which
    should show you waht file it is trying to access and why it couldn't find
    it.

Regards,

Andy Harper
Kings College London