Re: lynx-dev Re: Now released Lynx2.8.2pre.4 for Win32

From: Lloyd G. Rasmussen
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: Now released Lynx2.8.2pre.4 for Win32
Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 09:13:14 -0400

In my quest for better keyboard handling, I ran his copy of Lynx, as
compiled in February.  You have to dig around in the documentation some,
and some of the default options seem to be set up for CJK, but I did get it
working.  The messages defaulted to English.  I will try this latest
version later today, I hope.  There were enough quirks in the February
version that I reverted to Wayne's November compilation.  I have also
downloaded and installed Cygwin here at work, but am not quite at the point
of trying to build my own Lynx with it.  But it looks like it could be
done, and the process is certainly accessible with screen reading programs
for Win95 and DOS.

At 08:21 AM 5/21/99 +0900, you wrote:
>Webmaster Jim wrote:
>>Hiroyuki:
>>
>>  Thank you for posting this to the list. I assume this is a
>>Japanese version of Lynx. Can you post more details such as whether
>>English-speaking users could use it, how to install it, etc.? I don't
>>have a program to read LZH files.
>
>Lynx that I introduce it to the public can be used in the whole world.
>
>Though correspondence to Japanese environment is done, even an environment
>except for Japan functions fully.
>
>I am not good at English with being disappointed.
>(Though it can be read, it is poor at writing it.)
>
>Therefore, it thinks that it is made the English writing
>of the manual to take time.
>
>For the time being, it asks for the reference of diff file.
>

>PS.
>
>It appreciates the indication of the error of the spelling.
>
>--
>Shonai Callege of Industry and Technology.
>Electronics and Computer Infomation Course.
>E-mail: address@hidden

Lloyd Rasmussen, Senior Staff Engineer
National Library Service f/t Blind and Physically Handicapped
Library of Congres    (202) 707-0535  <address@hidden>
<http://www.loc.gov/nls/>
HOME:  <address@hidden>   <http://lras.home.sprynet.com