lynx-dev VapourWare 0.01

From: Rob Partington
Subject: lynx-dev VapourWare 0.01
Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 12:32:37 +0100

Well, I've been going on about an object-tree based Lynx for -ages-.
I've finally got around to reinstalling the work I did a while back
(from a tape I thought I'd lost in one of my many house moves).

It doesn't do much at the moment; in fact, you get blank output on
the screen because I haven't written the renderer part yet.  This,
however, is the kind of debugging output you get:

ccc HTML child-of (null)
ccc HEAD child-of HTML
ccc TITLE child-of HEAD
sss LINK sibling-of TITLE
sss BODY sibling-of HEAD
ccc H1 child-of BODY
sss TABLE sibling-of H1
ccc TR child-of TABLE
ccc TH child-of TR
sss TH sibling-of TH
sss TR sibling-of TR
ccc TD child-of TR
sss TD sibling-of TD
sss TR sibling-of TR
ccc TD child-of TR
sss TD sibling-of TD
sss HR sibling-of H1
sss FORM sibling-of H1
ccc INPUT child-of FORM
sss P sibling-of INPUT
ccc INPUT child-of P

Attributes are also handled by a hash, not the (imho stupid) A_HREF
#defines.  In theory, handling tables is now just a question of getting
a suitable renderer.  That's the bit I'm working on now.

(Just in case anyone thought I'd given up on Lynx completely...)

Comments and suggestions welcome.  I'll be putting a page up
in my section of lynx.browser.org with my todo/suggestions list
later today.

My work on integrating the GPL'd Ecma/Javascript interpreter
has been put on hold until I get the object tree working, since
I'm off the opinion it'll be a lot simpler to work with.
--
rob partington / address@hidden