Re: lynx-dev Re: Now released Lynx2.8.2pre.4 for Win32

From: dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: Now released Lynx2.8.2pre.4 for Win32
Date: Sat, 22 May 1999 08:19:51 -0400 (EDT)

> > in some ways - but here/there the changes impact the Unix port, so I can't
> > simply apply it now.  But I'd like to incorporate this (and Vlad's) changes
>
> Hope you'll reconsider on the latter.

I'm not 100% either way on this, but I think that we should start (in 2.8.3)
to unbundle some of the pieces like I do in ncurses (make the feature
provided entirely from one directory, use the configure script to tie
them together).  Then people can subset it however they like.

> > after 2.8.2's finalized.  Perhaps you could find someone to translate the
> > HIST-J.TXT if you don't have time to do it yourself.
>
> The JtoE translaters are dropping from overwork.  Maybe I'll try to con one
> of the artificial intelligence guys to run it through their program.

It's not a rush job.  We're what - perhaps a week or more from releasing
2.8.2 (I'll check your bug report wrt temp-files: have dev.26 on this machine,
and it's about time to build a newer copy here).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden