lynx-dev re COPYHEADER COPYING

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: lynx-dev re COPYHEADER COPYING
Date: Sun, 23 May 1999 08:53:49 +0900 (JST)

I question the following change in pre.5.
   1999-05-20 (2.8.2pre.5)
   * correct links to COPYHEADER and COPYING in about_lynx.html, by pointing to
     author's URLs, rather than to files which are not installed anyway -PG
The underlying problem is that the install-help target is not working as
intended (perhaps an example of something becoming too complex to be
maintained).  I think the links should be reinstated to point to local
files that ARE installed.  All it should take is to find the command,
`cp COPY* lynx_help`, which at one time must have existed, and turn it
on for all types of installation (plain or gzipped) of the help file set.

The conclusion of the discussion about these files in the autumn/winter
of 1997 was that they should reside in the top directory, but that the links
to them from the help files should be maintained.  (My original proposal was
to stick them both in the lynx_help subdirectory, but I retracted this idea
in favor of the general concensus.  Note that COPYING used to be in the
defunct about_lynx subdirectory.)

__Henry