Re: lynx-dev Re: Now released Lynx2.8.2pre.4 for Win32

From: Vlad Harchev
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: Now released Lynx2.8.2pre.4 for Win32
Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 07:27:02 +0500 (SAMST)

On Sat, 22 May 1999 address@hidden wrote:

> > > in some ways - but here/there the changes impact the Unix port, so I
> > > can't
> > > simply apply it now.  But I'd like to incorporate this (and Vlad's)
> > > changes
> >
> > Hope you'll reconsider on the latter.
>
> I'm not 100% either way on this, but I think that we should start (in 2.8.3)
> to unbundle some of the pieces like I do in ncurses (make the feature
> provided entirely from one directory, use the configure script to tie
> them together).  Then people can subset it however they like.

  IMO we are not developing lynx for Henry Nelson exclusively. Nobody objected
against this patch on lynx-dev, and some developers considered it useful to be
included in 2.8.3. IMO Henry Nelson has requirements that are not similar to
requirements of other lynx users and developers.
  At least I don't recommend you, Tom, start splitting lynx in pieces for that
patch only, until 2.8.2 is released. Splitting it will produce a lot of
trouble.

 And I wonder, why don't put body.html anc Co to lynx homepage and
make a links to them from lynx_help_main.html in 2.8.2?

>[...]

 Best regards,
  -Vlad