lynx-dev indentation (again: was something)

From: Philip Webb
Subject: lynx-dev indentation (again: was something)
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 02:45:12 -0400 (EDT)

990525 Chuck Martin wrote:
> 990524 Lloyd Rasmussen wrote:
>> I suspect that some users of braille displays would be interested
>> in changing Lynx's indent behavior, especially eliminating
>> the 3-character indent that is usually present for normal paragraphs.
>> I know ... it's all in the source code somewhere.
>> when I want to forward or paper print a page printed to disk by Lynx,
>> my first procedure is to load it into PC-Write
>> and delete the first 3 blanks on all lines.
> I think it would be a big mistake because headings wouldn't stand out

very few of the documents i read have headings of any importance.

> Unix man pages use the same method of making the headings stand out,
> except that they indent everything (except headings) more than 3 spaces.

first, if the behaviour is ill-advised, that others do it is no justification;
second, man pages are read much less often by Lynx users than WWW documents.

> If we remove the three character indentation,
> how do you propose we make the headings stand out?

i don't propose to do so:
i don't care if they don't stand out, except by being on a line alone.