Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.2pre.7

From: dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.2pre.7
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 19:59:30 -0400 (EDT)

> >> How about adding --enable_prettysrc by default?
>
> > no - still experimental (look at the changes).
> right, but this option only available with -prettysrc switch
> so would not affect people unless they know what they are doing.
>
> >> I still insist on removing po/*.po files from distribution
> > I've been thinking about how to script this, etc.
>
> are you talking about lynx.pot ?
> (other files not maintained in fact, could be changed by hand).

The makefile is maintained - what I was thinking about - the original
makefile had some GNU-make specific trash which I removed.  So's the
template for POTFILES.

I'm ambivalent about lynx.pot (which can be generated), but I test against
the fr.po - irregardless of whether it's in the distribution.

I've avoided fixing the files in the intl directory, but even there I have
a strong impression that even though it works, the people who should be
maintaining it are moving on to another scheme which isn't compatible.

So either we build a separate package to overlay the base distribution, or
we leave it integrated.

> >> and adding lynx_help/lynxcfg/{body.html,cattoc.html,alphatoc.html} files
> >> as of current  "http://www.hippo.ru/~hvv/";  (recently updated).
> >> These files should be installed with "make install-lynxcfghelp".
>
> > If we're going to unbundle things, those lynxcfg files are a prime
> There is a difference: nobody need several messages catalogs
> unless for testing purposes or such.
> Lynxcfg files may be of interest for any (advanced) user.

they're all a problem in maintenance - we have a number of files which
(from different people's viewpoints) are wholly redundant, but take a lot
of effort to create.