Re: lynx-dev remaining-temp-file bug

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: lynx-dev remaining-temp-file bug
Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 19:17:16 +0900 (JST)

> (I took a quick look at this, but saw no malfunctions).

Not all temp files. The only ones left behind are those created when a
file is decompressed for passing onto a viewer, AFAICT.

Lynx attempts to remove the *.gz (or *.bz2, *.Z not tested) file at
exit, when it should really be aware that that file does not exist, and
that what it really wants to erase is the file with the filename less
the extension.

I will be patching my Lynx here to delete the uncompressed file as soon
as the viewer gets through with it, but I consider this an interim
solution unsuitable to the general Lynx user base (unless the whole
logic of how such files are treated is changed).

__Henry