lynx-dev LYNX: re "help" FOR error msgs:

From: David Combs
Subject: lynx-dev LYNX: re "help" FOR error msgs:
Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 02:43:18 -0700 (PDT)

Again, this site:

             Information about the current document

                         Lynx 2.8.2pre.4 (16 May 1999) ([1]development version)
- [2]compile time options

File that you are currently viewing

   Linkname: News Unlimited
       Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 09:33:32 GMT
   Post Data:
Url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.newsunlimited.co.uk
   Post Content Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded
   Owner(s): None
       size: 146 lines
       mode: forms mode, no-cache

Link that you currently have selected

   Linkname: Guardian Unlimited NewsUnlimited

When I connected, I got a bunch of "POST" error or warning
msgs.

Now, I suppose that I *could* memorize those messages that
just typed out, and then hunt for some err-msg site (or the
sources!) and then get that into an editor or grep it for
that message...

Would be MUCH nicer if each msg had an ascii code at the left
side, short, but long enough to be unique, and then have
a hash-table hooked to the err msgs.  And a program that
"make" runs that builds the thing.

Then, a mode enabling you to pause and hit "?" at each
one, getting the associated "long" error message.