Re: lynx-dev LYNX: NEED: ability to read lynx.cfg WHILE RUNNING LYNX

From: Larry W. Virden
Subject: Re: lynx-dev LYNX: NEED: ability to read lynx.cfg WHILE RUNNING LYNX
Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 08:12:27 -0400 (EDT)

Actually, there is a way to do this.  It's just non-trivial...

Type 'O' to get to options.
Go to the bottom of the screen - my version of lynx lists it as link number
30.  It's titled Check your lynx.cfg .  Select that - you see a format of
'what is read from your lynx.cfg file' as well as a link to the file itself.

Question - does the lynx.cfg override all compile time, lynxrc, and command
line options?  If not, it seems to me having the lynx configuration info,
with some indicator of where the particular information was set, would be
invaluable for debugging lynx configuration problems...
--
Larry W. Virden                 <URL: mailto:address@hidden>