Re: lynx-dev LYNX: NEED: ability to read lynx.cfg WHILE RUNNING LYNX

From: Vlad Harchev
Subject: Re: lynx-dev LYNX: NEED: ability to read lynx.cfg WHILE RUNNING LYNX
Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 19:02:34 +0500 (SAMST)

On Thu, 27 May 1999, Larry W. Virden wrote:

> Actually, there is a way to do this.  It's just non-trivial...
>
> Type 'O' to get to options.
> Go to the bottom of the screen - my version of lynx lists it as link number
> 30.  It's titled Check your lynx.cfg .  Select that - you see a format of
> 'what is read from your lynx.cfg file' as well as a link to the file itself.
>

> Question - does the lynx.cfg override all compile time, lynxrc, and command
> line options?  If not, it seems to me having the lynx configuration info,
> with some indicator of where the particular information was set, would be
> invaluable for debugging lynx configuration problems...

 My recent patch does this (if by "where" you mean in which configuraion file
and on which line it was set - not the way - via commandline or via lynx.cfg).
For setting XYZ this information is accessible via url LYNXSETTINGSTATUS://XYZ
 There is a demo of this feature on www.hippo.ru/~hvv/lynx/demo1/body.html.
Activate any link with name "View status of this setting" and it will present
the status of the setting you'll see patched lynx present me on my machine.
 If you don't like browsing body.html, then to see output of patched lynx on
my machine for setting XYZ, go to
 www.hippo.ru/~hvv/lynx/demo1/XYZ.html
ie to see it for setting COLOR, go to www.hippo.ru/~hvv/lynx/demo1/COLOR.html

  If you (dis)like  this functionality, please say about this on lynx-dev
(there were no any reports except Henry's about this).

>[...]

 Best regards,
  -Vlad