Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.2pre.7

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.2pre.7
Date: Fri, 28 May 1999 13:55:45 +0900 (JST)

> > We have install-help, this almost the same (just another directory).
> > So no problem.
>
>  Agree.

We just had a problem, a very real one: the COPY* files.  It was fixed
for pre.6, seems broken already in pre.7.  These things are not easy to
maintain over the myriad of systems and configurations Lynx supports.

>  Have you (NH) tried browsing lynx.cfg on terminal less than 80 chars wide ?
>  (say 50) - you'l have to scroll the screen back and force to read each

Lynx.cfg was not intended for browsing, and I maintain that the whole idea
of trying to treat it in that manner is folly.  Throw it into most, more or
less to read it, or your favorite editor.

>  Have you (HN) tried to prettyprint it?

?  What in the world does this have to do with Lynx?  I have a whole
fleet of tools for printing.  Since I use Lynx on a terminal emulation,
Lynx is not the way I would approach such a problem even if I wanted
a hard copy of lynx.cfg.

>  http://validator.w3.org validates it succefully.

That is an excellent start in the right direction.  I applaud your
willingness to improve your work.  Really all you need to do now to
convince me, anyway, is to write the patch to back out the lynx.cfg
support already in Lynx, which you have made obsolete.

__Henry