Re: lynx-dev Re: what to do about html help files.

From: Leonid Pauzner
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: what to do about html help files.
Date: Fri, 28 May 1999 10:24:27 +0400 (MSD)

28-May-99 13:13 Henry Nelson wrote:
> 3) No matter which route you go, it is totally unreasonable to have two
> complete mechanisms for reviewing the active lynx.cfg file and the default
> lynx.cfg.  The one that is already in there off of the = page isn't even
> being used as is.  You talk about some 40KB compressed file, but in fact
> you are asking (forcing, for the first two) people to install *3* lynx.cfg
                                                                ^^^
> files: their own, the 90+KB distribution lynx.cfg (needed for the
> "Please read the distribution [1]lynx.cfg for more comments." link, and

Of couse, this link  will be changed in favour of alphatoc.html etc.,
po paranoia please.  I mean three places where links to html cfg version
should be added into documentation: cattoc.html in main help page,
both cattoc.html and alphatoc.html from user guide under #lynx.cfg section,
and alpatoc.html from LYNXCFG:/

> now a 180+KB markup of the lynx.cfg under the help subdirectory.

> If you chose to go Vlad's route, then completely backout all of the
> lynx.cfg help that's in the code now: all those links to files, all those
> gettext() messages and code generated html pages, LYNXCFG://reload/, etc.,
You got crazy Henry, perhaps. You find the problem where they are not.