Re: lynx-dev bug: lynx doesn't remove files with internal pages with

From: Vlad Harchev
Subject: Re: lynx-dev bug: lynx doesn't remove files with internal pages with -dump
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 15:58:33 +0500 (SAMST)

On Fri, 28 May 1999, Leonid Pauzner wrote:

> 25-May-99 12:04 Vlad Harchev wrote:
> >  Try the following:
> >    lynx -dump LYNXCFG:// > /dev/null
> >  and note that new temporary file is created in /tmp (it's on pre2 with
> > lss).
> >  Seems all pages that are gerenated via BeginInternalPage won't be deleted
> > if dumping pages.
>
> We should add cleanup_files() in LYMain.c near the bottom of main().
> (alternatively, I think LYNXfoo:/ pages should be restricted as startfile
> but lets clean up temp files at least while such pages enabled.

  IMO we shouldn't restrict any internal pages as startfile - this will allow
various scripts to extract valuable information - like KEYMAP,
LYNXSETTINGSTATUS, etc or restrict some pages when special commandline option
is specified or allow some pages when special commandline option is specified.

 Best regards,
  -Vlad