Re: lynx-dev Re: what to do about html help files.

From: David Combs
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: what to do about html help files.
Date: Sat, 29 May 1999 08:31:51 -0700

I'm not too sure what you guys are talking about, these
help files.

But if you're talking about htmlizing the .cfg file,
PLEASE DO NOT!!!!!!

It just gives rise to yet another multiple-versions-to-keep-
in-sync problem.

Just assume 79 width, screw the palm pilots or whatever, and
keep he ONE .cfg file in ASCII, no html nowhere!

We do not have to apologize to anyone.  We do not work at
M$.  This is not a commercial product.  This is a product
that originated on UNIX.  Yes, goddamn UNIX (the only decent
system around), and if "they" don't like it, they can
shove it, ie they can go use something else.

To hell with the marketing types, I say, those "suits" who
know nothing about actually using anything, only about checkoff-
lists for PC-magazine software-ratings.  Only thing those
idiots want is the most checkoffs.

<end of rant>

David