Re: lynx-dev Dired for DOS (PATCH)

From: Mike Castle
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Dired for DOS (PATCH)
Date: Mon, 31 May 1999 15:30:52 -0500

On Mon, May 31, 1999 at 12:24:23PM -0700, Doug Kaufman wrote:
> problem, but I am stumped. Gzip and unzip seem to have this problem,
> but PKUNZIP doesn't.

Wild Ass Guess(tm) here, but would the versions of gzip and unzip you're
using also be DJGPP built?

If so, what if you try non extended version of those programs (if
available), or perhaps a simple djgpp built program that just prompts
from the keyboard and does nothing.

It's been a few years since I played with DJGPP (since before 2.x came
out), but I followed the list for a while.  I seem to remember there always
being some sort of strange interactions with the extenders (originally
go32, later cwsdpmi stuff) when calling a program that used the same
extender.  Perhaps some of those strange interactions still occur?

mrc
--
       Mike Castle       Life is like a clock:  You can work constantly
  address@hidden  and be right all the time, or not work at all