Re: lynx-dev STANDARDS-READY?

From: Larry W. Virden
Subject: Re: lynx-dev STANDARDS-READY?
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 1999 05:22:45 -0400 (EDT)

From: Velanche Stewart <address@hidden>
>Thanks very much for your e-mail. Apologies for taking
>so long to reply. Can you tell me if there are plans
>for the Lynx developers to implement CSS into the
>browser? If so, to what extent will that standard be
>supported?

"lynx developers" is a less structured team than other products.
There are typically 2 or 3 programmers which are working on personal
projects at any one time that communicate with us, and an  unknown
number working on unknown projects in parallel.  There is one programmer
right now working on what apparently is a total rewrite of the lynx
rendering engine.  As in the past, his code included some experimental
style sheet code, one might hope that the new rendering engine would at
least make CSS a possibility.  But I do not recall anyone specifically
announcing intention to implement CSS in a particular time frame.
--
Larry W. Virden                 <URL: mailto:address@hidden>