Re: lynx-dev where is 2.8.2???

From: Dave Eaton
Subject: Re: lynx-dev where is 2.8.2???
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 1999 07:35:20 -0700 (MST)

On Thu, 3 Jun 1999 address@hidden wrote:

> I have the release page partly done (the tar files aren't there,

And while you are fixing the Web pages, could you sneak in an "emergency"
removal of that link to webtechs someone moted yesterday? It is still on
page:

http://www.slcc.edu/lynx/release2-8/lynx2-8/lynx_help/lynx_help_main.html

(Sheesh, I hate it when folks misappropriate addresses and misrepresent a
web site's real content.)

> I'd have put the tar files out, but we seem to be having another
> discussion about last-minute fixes.

If I understood Klaus' post, the 'problem' had crept in during one of the
2.8.1pre releases. If so, then releaseing 2.8.2 now in its tested state
should not hurt any worse than the 2.8.1 that is already out there. I
guess I come down on the side of proceding with the 2.8.2 release, then
getting this (and the other held patches) into one of the first 2.8.3dev
releases.

I assume you will post here when those tarballs are available. :-)

Also, I'll send along the Apollo warning messages later today ... I was
hoping to send the 2.8.2 versions, but can send the pre11 ones, I guess.

 Dave Eaton
--
 Artronic Development  - Your Web Site Solution
 12629 N. Tatum Blvd., Suite 224; Phoenix, AZ 85032