Re: lynx-dev new version of structured description ... patch

From: Vlad Harchev
Subject: Re: lynx-dev new version of structured description ... patch
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 1999 10:51:07 +0500 (SAMST)

On Fri, 4 Jun 1999, Leonid Pauzner wrote:

> 25-May-99 21:08 Vlad Harchev wrote:
> > On Fri, 28 May 1999, Leonid Pauzner wrote:
>
> Well, you see, lynxcfg*.html files left out of 2-8-2, we could live with it...

 Yes. I'm used to their absense in the distribution.

> Now you can remove obsolete files (cattoc.html etc) from your homepage
> or provide simlinks to a small file obsolete.html, sample attached below.
> This may be a template for index.html of other lynx resources
> available from your homepage.

  Seem  it's possible now. But I won't do that - don't want to login to ftp,
 remove them. And may be Klaus will start reading archives of lynx-dev - seems
 those files don't hurt me rigth now (I have/don't wish to nothing else to
 put on my homepage).

> Also I found out that lynxcfg.html does not include
> "INCLUDE:" command syntax (probably lost somethere).

 Yes, this is my fault. I'll add htmlized description of INCLUDE command some
day.

> Thanks for your contributions.

 Frankly speaking I add features I need personally if the implementation is
big and small features that I consider useful for somebody if their
implementation is small.

 BTW, here is a list of features I'd like to be present in lynx
1 Implement commandline switch that will turn off folding of lines in pre
  tags when -dump'ing (5-25 lines of code needed)
2 Allow multiplie external commands to be specified (currently only one is
  allowed for given URL type) (20-50 lines of code)
3 Allow switching assumed charset with one keypress (or key sequence) -
  useful for viewing russian htmls (so that user will be able to define
  charsets for each slot) (20-50 lines of code)
4 Ability to emit backspaces when -dump'ing like 'man' does - so that text
  otuput will contain bold, italic etc text (to be viewed by 'less', 'more',
  'mc') (20-50 lines of code)

   Those things needs more efforts

5 Add text justification and perhaps hyphenation (~1000 lines). Seems TeX's
  hyphenation rules and files can be used
6 frontend to 'man' - (with interpretation of all references as links) - just
  call 'man n page', parse output (remove backspaces and add html attributes)
  this way pages will be nicely justified and hyphenated (or parse source
  - we can use code of gnome-help-browser - but in this case no hyphenation,
  justification, etc).
7 frontend to 'info' - the gnome-help-browser does this - we can use its
  sources.
8 Key sequences
9 Local bookmarks (as in 'less')

  Feel free to implement any of the features :) - (seems that I'll be able to
  start implementing any of them in second half of July).

> Have a good luck.
 Good luck to you too.
> Leonid.

 Best regards,