Re: lynx-dev lynxcfg.html ideas

From: dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynxcfg.html ideas
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 1999 08:51:06 -0400 (EDT)

> 2-Jun-99 12:12 Vlad Harchev wrote:
>
> >   Anyway, I done conversion in ~8 hours of one day, so I was so tired to
> > make
> > spelling errors.
> >   I'll place body.in and the patch to my homepage soon and will announce
> > lynx-dev about location.
>
> Thinking a little more on it I found out that we may want
> a more Spartan design for lynxcfg.html by the cost of having
> an automatic conversion lynx.cfg <-> lynxcfg.html as expected.
>
> My proposal is to write two tiny C programs (I am not familiar with sed)
> which read one file and generate another based on the assumptions
> of first (few) characters of each line. I will try to do this tomorrow.

something like that - I was thinking about a comparable syntax adjustment
which would make it simple to write an awk script to do that job.
(unlike cpp, awk is reasonably portable at the level we'd need for this).

-- I was just (at work) studying 50000 lines of diff due to differences
   in C preprocessor output for imake between two SVr4 systems.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden