Re: lynx-dev have big patch

From: Bela Lubkin
Subject: Re: lynx-dev have big patch
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 1999 14:56:46 -0700

Mike Castle wrote:

> Hit, say for example, ':', then type in an option, say "parser=sortasgml"
> just like you wold from the command line.
>
> Hmmm... Bela, that could be another option for the configuration table:
> should changing this option force a reload?

That's probably at the wrong level.  It isn't the options manager which
makes that decision, but the renderer (really the document cache
manager).  It also has to make two different decisions: "force a
reload?" and "force a re-render?".  For instance, IMAGE_TOGGLE ('*')
only needs to force a re-render, while changing your preferred language
might force a reload (re-fetch from server).

These decisions need to be made by the cache manager on a basis of "does
the copy of this object which I have in cache meet the new criteria?".
I suppose that the information about which flags might force actions
*could* be stored in the flags for each option, as a matter of
convenience.  But they would *belong* to, be managed and observed by,
the cache management code.