Re: lynx-dev 2.8.2 + SunOS

From: dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev 2.8.2 + SunOS
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 1999 16:42:16 -0400 (EDT)

> Hello,
>
> I just compiled version 2.8.2 under SunOS 4.1.3 and it doesn't work.  The
> compile went fine and Lynx runs, but no matter what URL I use it just sits
> there with a "Looking up ..." message.  It eventually times out and adds
> ".com" and tries again, etc.

I've been running the 2.8.2dev series under SunOS 4.1.3 (and Solaris 2.5.1),
without noticing problems.  (iirc, I installed pre.11 on SunOS, haven't
done the rel.1 yet there since none of the changes related to things I need).

> It's not a DNS problem here as I can run Lynx 2.5 and any other application
> just fine.

I assume you're getting the lynx.cfg set up (with whatever proxy).  What
does
        lynx -trace

show (in $HOME/Lynx.trace)?

--