lynx-dev Anyone thinking about lynx support for OBJECT tag?

From: Larry W. Virden
Subject: lynx-dev Anyone thinking about lynx support for OBJECT tag?
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 1999 07:46:45 -0400 (EDT)

I was emailed last week and asked if lynx supported the object tag.
The URL I was given as a test page was <URL:
http://www.glinx.com/~hclsmith/tta/>
- towards the bottom of the page, there is a 'web ring' type construct
which, as far as I can tell, is 'appropriately' ignored by lynx because
object isn't supported yet.

Rob, is this something that might be able to be supported if/when lynx
moves to the new object parsing tree on which you are working?

To lynxdev in general - in a case where the lynx core functionality were
to be replaced (say in preparation for better table parsing, etc.)
how do people think work should proceed?  Seeing how changes/fixes/new code
kept pouring in during a 'regular' maintenance release, I wonder how work
would be managed in the case where major functionality is to be changed.
--
Larry W. Virden                 <URL: mailto:address@hidden>