lynx-dev display web page as it is received

From: David L Lundy
Subject: lynx-dev display web page as it is received
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 1999 11:20:56 -0400 (EDT)

Gentlemen,

   I've been working on a project that builds web pages incrementally
until a process completes successfully, or fails.  In either case,
brief progress reports are periodically appended to the page until
the task ends.  Using either Netscape Navigator 4.0 or Internet Explorer
4.0, the web page displays the status lines as they are posted.  But
with lynx 2.8, none of the page is displayed until the entire page has
been built.  The only thing the user sees is the number of bytes
received increments as the status messages are added to the page.

   Is there currently any option available to allow the page to be
displayed as it is being received?  I haven't found anything in the man
page or by typing "lynx -help" to indicate this may be an option.

   Thanks for any assistance you may be able to offer.  For many users
of this application, lynx is the only browser they will have.
--
Dave Lundy
(937) 255-7327x563 or 8-785-7327x563