Re: lynx-dev Re: About w3m (Yet another text mode browser)

From: Hataguchi Takeshi
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: About w3m (Yet another text mode browser)
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 1999 14:59:04 +0900 (JST)

Dave Eaton wrote:
> > You can try it easily.
> > o You can get w3m archive from
> >     ftp://ei5nazha.yz.yamagata-u.ac.jp/w3m/
>
> Got it, thanks.
>
> I did have a problem with the "make install" since I was installing into
> directories which did not already exist. You might want to consider adding
> some mechanism to create directories for install if they are not already
> there. On my copy I have installed the following patch, which worked OK
> for me:

I'll tell this to author. Thanks!

> > o  After "make install", You can use w3m and type 'H' to see the
> >   help files in English.
> >   # w3m will exit soon if there is no argument or no input from stdin.
>
> Maybe that's what is happening to me, because all I get when I type
> "bin/w3m" is a cleared window and my command line prompt back again (on a
> Caldera Open Linux 2.2). Is there something else I should do to call it
> up?

Try to execute with arguments.
    ex.) % w3m foo.html
         % w3m http://foo.com/bar.html

# I'm sorry that I sent same three mails.
# First I sent a mail without subscribe and I misunderstood
# the mail by unsubscribed member won't be delivered.
--
Takeshi Hataguchi
E-mail: address@hidden