Re: gettext improvements (was: lynx-dev French messages file)

From: Leonid Pauzner
Subject: Re: gettext improvements (was: lynx-dev French messages file)
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 1999 09:57:10 +0400 (MSD)

8-Jun-99 12:46 Henry Nelson wrote:
>> Right. The long messages in general are losers, because as soon as
>> someone "improves" the grammar the entire translated message is out of
>> synch and thus lost. I see this in the French messages. Perhaps the
>> effort to simplify the message base can be combined with the effort to

> Unless others express their opinion, it becomes entirely Tom's call.
> I certainly wouldn't mind if all of the gettext() calls in LYrcFile.c

Why not to leave .lynxrc messages in lynx.pot file but without translation
in *.po - this may be an option for others, so up to the taste of
translator/dedicated host or group of users?   Why not to drop a comment
in po/ directory for (potential) translators about .lynxrc and repetition
in the documentations, the meaning of "yes"/"no" keys and their translation
for hot keys, etc.?  Why not to share your knowlage with others?
  It could be a couple of english sentanses...
Anyway, it it assumed that messages will be translated by human
(not machine) since it will be completely unreadable otherwise
for very short and independent messages.