lynx-dev big patch now here

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: lynx-dev big patch now here
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 1999 14:57:05 -0500 (CDT)

So far the big patch was vapour, but now it's here:

       <http://www.enteract.com/~kweide/lynx/>

Some meta-comments:

To compile on linux I used
  make SITE_LYDEFS="-DHAVE_SIGACTION" SITE_DEFS="-DHAVE_SIGACTION"

eventually configure should handle this.

I expect some feedback regarding the Line-Editing stuff and the
whole key handling area, especially from folks who have recently
worked in that area (Kim, Doug?).

IIRC Kim suggested quite a while ago that Line-Editor bindings should
be completely user configurable, like the regular KEYMAP.  This isn't
quite that, but I hope these changes doesn't prevent anyone from
doing it.  (The PASS flag added for KEYMAP goes in that direction.)

Although I did many documentation tweaks, not everything is up to date
(textarea stuff, some -restrictions).

I guess there'll also be some discussion re EDIT/EDITTEXTAREA default
binding; however, if my choice isn't acceptable, changing the default
be simple enough.  (docs need checking anyway.)

Left to do:  write functions to replace statusline text with hardwired
keys, like "The 'e'dit command [...]" and "(^Ve for editor)", with an
actual current binding.  Text may sometimes be misleading, or not give
"the best" binding.

   Klaus