Re: lynx-dev Re: table formatting (possible) solution

From: Ami Fischman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: table formatting (possible) solution
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 1999 11:01:04 -0700 (PDT)

Rob Partington <address@hidden> said:
> Yeah, but.  Try looking at www.slashdot.org, for example.  On my terminal,
> 100x37 linux console, that's utterly unusable.  Stepping down the links
> on the left alternates me between that list and random places further
> down the page.

Actually, I think it's rendering the table rather widely, so that it looks
like moving between one link and the "next" (i.e., the next row) jumps you
further down the document.  In fact it's scrolling your screen to the right
and then to the left.  Use the '<' and '>' keys to see this (but make sure
the cursor is in the table first, or else you'll just see a blank pad).

> The colour support is, well, worse than mine.  They've assumed you've
> got a white background, I think, which breaks horribly when you run it
> on the linux console.  Monochrome mode just isn't useful to me.

As pointed out by someone else, the colors are configurable in the 'O' menu
(in english).

> Woah!  Testing it with the test directory that comes with each and every
> honest-to-goodness Lynx browser throws up some interesting problems.

Agreed on the "correctness" front.  Really, the tables and frames seem to be
its main features (for those who don't care about disk space).

--
   --Ami Fischman <address@hidden || http://www.fischman.org/ami>
                        finger address@hidden for public PGP key.