Re: lynx-dev Lynx, getting it to run.

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx, getting it to run.
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 23:02:21 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 9 Jun 1999, Erik Gertsen wrote:

> Hi i have two distinct problems: i dont know what to do with source code, im
> used to the self extracting and self installing exe files, and, i also am

Precompiled binaries are available. It sounds like you are
using Windows and DOS. The Win32 binary is available at
"http://www.fdisk.com/doslynx/lynxport.htm";. There is no binary
for Windows 3.x. You will need to unzip the file and follow the
instruction on how to install.

> having trouble finding an old old version of lynx to run on a dos powered
> 286 laptop. (once i figure out the above)i do know the cuurent version will
> not work on it. please help, the source code thing is driving me batty!

The full version of lynx doesn't run on a 286. You need its little
cousin Bobcat. Get it from "http://www.fdisk.com/doslynx/bobcat.htm";.

                                           Doug
__
Doug Kaufman