lynx-dev Why does Lynx do it? (fwd)

From: Subir Grewal
Subject: lynx-dev Why does Lynx do it? (fwd)
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 1999 09:44:04 -0500 (GMT-0500)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 1999 00:32:12 -0400 (EDT)
From: address@hidden
To: address@hidden
Subject: Why does Lynx do it?

To whom it may concern:

I have noticed a bug in Lynx (v.2.8rel.2).  When I change the disply character
set to DOS PC80xx and view my bookmarks page with the space bar, Lynx goes
berserk.  It looks up an address, dumps me into the Options page and then often
puts some characters in the "Display Variable" area.  I had this problem with
older versions of Lynx, but is 2.8 really that old?  Is there something I need
to configure to have it work normally, enabling me to view the higher order
ASCII characters?

Thanks,
Doug Rose