lynx-dev New version of lynx does not seem to suppot http 1.0

From: Jason Miser
Subject: lynx-dev New version of lynx does not seem to suppot http 1.0
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 1999 12:57:36 -0400 (EDT)

Hello,

I use a cable modem that has a built in web page. from what the company
that makes the cable modem says, the modem uses the http 1.0 protocol.

An older version of lynx works. From Slackware 3.3 Dist. Now i am running
the version "Lynx Version 2.8rel.2 (1998)" from the Slackware 3.6 Dist.

Is there a way to force lynx to use the http 1.0 protocal?
we hav to do this to Internet Explorer to get it to work with the modem.
Netscape (all versions) work with the modem.

Or any ideas why this will not work, please let me know. ;-)

If you need any more info, please let me know.

Jason Miser
Cybercable Tech
Geek Admin in Training