Re: lynx-dev Tables in Lynx

From: Rob Partington
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Tables in Lynx
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 23:29:26 +0100

In message <address@hidden>,
           Collin Forbes writes:
> On Mon, 14 Jun 1999, Rob Partington wrote:
>
> > Upon waking this morning, I had a flash of intuition about
> > a nice way of handling tables.  20 minutes later, I had my
> > first formatted table displaying on the screen.
> [...]
> > But, damnit, it worked.
>
> Congratulations!  However, I'd like to pipe up and ask if any advanced table
> formatting algorithms make it into Lynx, to please also allow the user to
> turn it off.

Oh, definitely.  That was in my plans from the start.  Having seen what
w3m does to slashdot, for example, it's now a fundamental requirement.

There is also the point the table renderer above isn't going to be able
to handle "complex" tables any time soon, so there's very little point
enabling it for anything other than the simplest tables.
--
rob partington / address@hidden