Re: lynx-dev Tables in Lynx

From: Rob Partington
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Tables in Lynx
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 02:47:15 +0100

In message <address@hidden>,
           Henry Nelson writes:
> > Congratulations!  However, I'd like to pipe up and ask if any advanced table
> > formatting algorithms make it into Lynx, to please also allow the user to
>
> Is anyone at all using the proxy, download, or external options already
> available to Lynx to do table rendering?

I'm not, hence the fiddling above.  Given the difficulty of extending what
I've already managed into something usable, I'll probably resort to plain
lynx in lieu of my object tree version.

ObTech: The GridText structure is the biggest single impediment to sensible
table rendering in Lynx.  IMO, YMMV.  Replacing that with something more
flexible will probably be my next goal.  Or gaol.
--
rob partington % address@hidden % http://lynx.browser.org/