Re: lynx-dev Lynx2-8-2rel.1 (Compile/Link Problems Under AIX 4.3.1.0)

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx2-8-2rel.1 (Compile/Link Problems Under AIX 4.3.1.0)
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 11:04:10 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 15 Jun 1999 address@hidden wrote:

> well, it appears that your system defines h_errno something like
> h_errno_which() in netdb.h -- my configure test only looks for a variable
> by the name of h_errno.  Put an
>       #undef h_errno
> before the extern int h_errno in HTTCP.c, and it should compile (and link).

That's legitimate - my /usr/include/netdb.h has

   #if !defined _LIBC || defined _LIBC_REENTRANT
   /* Use a macro to access always the thread specific `h_errno' variable.  */
   # define h_errno (*__h_errno_location ())
   #endif

The equivalent for errno (instead of h_errno) can be found in
/usr/include/errnos.h.

If the system header files choose to define h_errno this way, we should use
it and not override it.  (We may have a similar problem with errno, which
would be more important, under some setups).

The configure tests shouldn't #undef h_errno, just check that it is
there and that it can be assigned to (modifiable lvalue).  Similar for
errno, I guess.

   Klaus