Re: lynx-dev Tables in Lynx

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Tables in Lynx
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 15:26:29 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 15 Jun 1999, Larry W. Virden wrote:
> From: Klaus Weide <address@hidden>
> >This indicates to me that there isn't THAT much SERIOUS demand for table
> >support.
>
> It _could_ indicate that fewer people than you expect have the ability
> to install and make use of cgi scripts...

I think not all of them are CGI scripts.

I am assuming the number of subscribers with the ability to download and
test a script (or simple C program) MUST be higher than the number of lynx
code hackers.  But maybe the overlap of that group with the group of users
who ask for more table support is nearly empty, otherwise someone would
start scratching his/her itch...  (Well, it could also be that all the
people who found an external script solution works for them just don't
talk about it.)

Once there is a script that people want to use because it does a good job,
we could make it easier to invoke it (by providing instructions how to
use it e.g. via the lynxcgi mechanism, or by adapting the script, or by
adapting the lynx code).

   Klaus