lynx-dev LYNX: linking to a "mailto:address@hidden": how to "CC"?

From: David Combs
Subject: lynx-dev LYNX: linking to a "mailto:address@hidden": how to "CC"?
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 23:15:50 -0700 (PDT)

I link to a "mailto:";

and it FIRST asks me "CC?" or some such.

Suppose I knee-jerk hit return, thus landing in vi,
in which I then type in and edit my msg.

Now, thinking about it a bit, re-reading what I have just
written, I *now* decide that yes, indeed, I *do* want
to do a CC (and maybe several other things one can usually
do in a mail program).

Lynx's current scheme gives me no way to do this; it's too
late.

I hit ESC in vi, then :x (undocumented shortcut for :w, :q,
the :w being done only if needed) -- all I get is a
question "send this message?".

Now, I admit I didn't say "no" (even though I did do a
prior "1,$w t.foo" so I could send it on to lynx-dev too;
(the "1,$w" writes the file *without* changing the
name of the "current file", which plain ":w" would do,
screwing everything))

---

Anyway, would be nice if someday I got a few options *after*
exiting vi, on CC, etc.

David