Re: lynx-dev Tables in Lynx

From: Hataguchi Takeshi
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Tables in Lynx
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 17:22:22 +0900 (JST)

Henry Nelson wrote:
> Is anyone at all using the proxy, download, or external options already
> available to Lynx to do table rendering?

I modified Thomas Zerucha's and Andrew Smith's script for preparsing
tables for Lynx. My script can be get from bellow URLs.

    http://www.t3.rim.or.jp/~patakuti/lynx/enhanced/t2thtml
    http://www.t3.rim.or.jp/~patakuti/lynx/enhanced/tableparser.pl

For example, I can see the pages with tables by adding next line
to lynx.cfg

DOWNLOADER:Preparse Tables:/home/patakuti/bin/t2thtml maxwid=10 < %s >
/tmp/foo.html; lynx /tmp/foo.html:TRUE

For pages including Japanese, it's better to add next line to lynx.cfg.

DOWNLOADER:Preparse Tables:nkf -e %s | /home/patakuti/bin/t2thtml maxwid=10 >
/tmp/foo.html; lynx /tmp/foo.html:TRUE

# nkf (Network Kanji Filter) is a filter for Japanese.

I tried these two pages. The output is not so good but I can
follow links.

    http://tercera.entelchile.net/diario/1999/06/07/PRIMERA_A.html
    http://www.slashdot.org/
--