Re: lynx-dev lynx-2.8.2 and Cookies

From: dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx-2.8.2 and Cookies
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 08:31:02 -0400 (EDT)

> Dear Klaus,
>
> Thanks for the information. Apparently I was using a version from RedHat
> which is 2.8.2-27 (Probably a development version)

But not one I recognize.  we're using PRCS to assign version numbers, and
the 2.8.2 scheme looks like this:

        2.8.2dev.1  (last fall)
        2.8.2dev.26 (most recent development version)
        2.8.2pre.1  (pre-release)
        2.8.2pre.11 (most recent pre-release)
        2.8.2rel.1  (the actual release)

The most recent development version is
        2.8.3dev.1

and I'm working on the patches for 2.8.3dev.2, as well as a patch that
won't be checked-in immediately for documentation nits, etc., for 2.8.2

(It would be nice if packagers would send lynx-dev email so we could be
aware of other version numbering that might confuse us)

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden