lynx-dev Fw: Returned mail: Cannot send message within 1 week, 1 day

From: Zenaan Harkness
Subject: lynx-dev Fw: Returned mail: Cannot send message within 1 week, 1 day
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 01:07:52 +1000

Hi, I am mostly very pleasantly surprised with Lynx - it is fast and simple
to use. Works well to test my sgml2html documentation and for dwww help.

Bar tables.

Tables (in my experience so far) just don't work - results are inconsistent
and layout ends up simply unreadable.

I don't have code to convert html table into text, and this year probably
won't have the time to write it. So i am sending this as a feature request.
I assume it's not that difficult. It might be already done and I am just
missing something - if so, please tell me what I might be doing wrong.

I was actually surprised that it doesn't support tables properly - just as
I was building my 'evangalistic fervour' for this epitomy of Unix
philosophy, my faith was crushed by the cold hand of feature incompletion.
Mmmm, features.

Well, I'll leave you with that most sombre note, and I look forward to a
brighter, sunnier day (with flowers) of tablerized web browsings.

Cheers,
Zenaan.