lynx-dev lynx 2.8.2 on DEC Alpha osf 4.0f

From: Scott Sibert
Subject: lynx-dev lynx 2.8.2 on DEC Alpha osf 4.0f
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 10:28:58 -0400 (EDT)

Hi.

Please forgive me if this is a stupid or a known issue.

I've got a 3-cpu alphaserver running Tru64 Unix (formerly Digital Unix,
formerly OSF/1) version 4.0f (the latest).

I have Lynx 2.8.2 downloaded along with the SSL-2.8.2 patches and I do:
./configure
make
make install
make install-help
make install-doc  (or is it docs?)

Lynx runs fine except it will not resolve any name addresses (only number
addresses).  It is not resolving any addresses.

I tried compiling Lynx 2.8.2 without the SSL patches and it made no
difference.

I have gcc installed but I have "setenv CC cc" to make it use the native
cc.  The native cc successfully compiled Perl 5.005_003 as well as Pine
4.10.

I saw in PROBLEMS (although it was mentioned as useful for Suns) to try
-lresolv or -lbind.  So I did "setenv LDFLAGS -lresolv" because -lbind
didn't make it through .configure.

I recompiled and it made no difference.  It still does not resolv
addresses but using number-addresses works fine.

I just downloaded and applied the lynx2.8.2rel.1-fix.patch and am
compiling it right now (cc and -lresolv) to see if this makes any
difference.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I am probably doing wrong?

Thanks

--Scott