Re: lynx-dev lynx 2.8.2 on DEC Alpha osf 4.0f

From: Scott Sibert
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx 2.8.2 on DEC Alpha osf 4.0f
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 14:01:29 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Klaus.

Regarding compiling other programs that do lookups, do you have any you
recommend I can compile to test?

Also, I've compiled Apache-1.3.6 (native cc) and it runs successfully.

I tried "lynx -trace name.domain" to a machine that is listed in the
/etc/hosts and it also does not resolve.  (This machine on which I am
trying to compile Lynx is my DNS server for the campus.)

Here is my Lynx.trace (all 26xx bytes in case it shows something I missed
somewhere) (there was some word-wrap in PINE; let me know if it is
confusing):

                Lynx Trace Log (2.8.2rel.1)

LYNX_SIG_FILE set to '/users/staff/sibertsa/.lynxsig'
HTParse: aName:http://lynx.browser.org/   relatedName:
1
HTParse:      result:http://lynx.browser.org/
HTMLDTD: Copying DTD element info of size 6608, 118 * 56
HTMLSetCharacterHandling: LYRawMode changed OFF -> ON
ProcessMailcapFile: Loading file '/usr/local/lib/mosaic/mailcap'.
ProcessMailcapFile: Could not open '/usr/local/lib/mosaic/mailcap'.
ProcessMailcapFile: Loading file '/users/staff/sibertsa/.mailcap'.
ProcessMailcapFile: Could not open '/users/staff/sibertsa/.mailcap'.
HTFormat: Looking up presentation for text/plain to www/present
FindPresentation: found exact match: text/plain
HTFormat: Looking up presentation for text/html to www/present
FindPresentation: found exact match: text/html
HTFileInit: Loading default (HTInit) extension maps.
HTLoadExtensionsConfigFile: Loading file
'/usr/local/lib/mosaic/mime.types'.
HTLoadExtensionsConfigFile: Could not open
'/usr/local/lib/mosaic/mime.types'.
HTLoadExtensionsConfigFile: Loading file
'/users/staff/sibertsa/.mime.types'.
HTLoadExtensionsConfigFile: Could not open
'/users/staff/sibertsa/.mime.types'.
start_curses: done.
HTParse: aName:http://jane.hollins.edu/   relatedName:
1
HTParse:      result:http://jane.hollins.edu/
LYMain.c: User in REMOTE domain
Entering mainloop, startfile=http://jane.hollins.edu/
getfile: getting http://jane.hollins.edu/

HTParse: aName:http://jane.hollins.edu/   relatedName:
HTParse:      result:jane.hollins.edu

HTParse: aName:http://jane.hollins.edu/   relatedName:
HTParse:      result:
Entered HTAnchor_findAddress
New anchor 1400db280 has hash 61 and address `http://jane.hollins.edu/'
HTAccess: loading document http://jane.hollins.edu/
HTParse: aName:http://jane.hollins.edu/   relatedName:file:
HTParse:      result:http
HTParse: aName:http://jane.hollins.edu/   relatedName:
HTParse:      result:jane.hollins.edu
HTParse: aName:http://jane.hollins.edu/   relatedName:
HTParse:      result:http
HTParse: aName:http://jane.hollins.edu/   relatedName:
HTParse:      result:jane.hollins.edu
Looking up jane.hollins.edu.
HTParseInet: parsing `jane.hollins.edu'.
LYGetHostByName: parsing `jane.hollins.edu'.
LYGetHostByName: Can't find internet node name `jane.hollins.edu'.
HTParseInet: Can't find internet node name `jane.hollins.edu'.
Unable to locate remote host jane.hollins.edu.
HTTP: Unable to connect to remote host for `http://jane.hollins.edu/'
(errno = 1).

Alert!: Unable to connect to remote host.

HTAccess:  status=-29999
HTAccess: `http://jane.hollins.edu/' has been accessed, No data loaded.
stop_curses: done.

--Scott