Re: lynx-dev Configuring Lynx

From: Chuck Martin
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Configuring Lynx
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 00:36:57 -0400

On Thu, Jun 17, 1999 at 10:49:00PM -0400, Larry W. Virden wrote:

> Unfortunately, lynx does not provide a simple answer to this request.  I've
> wanted the same thing myself - to have lynx accept ALL cookies, never
> prompting.  It sure would make batch use of lynx easier.  There are
> configure flags for persistent cookies, options documented in the man pages
> and README (and lynx.cfg), etc. for setting a variety of _known_ sites, etc.

Are you sure about that?  I haven't bothered to change the default in
my lynx.cfg, but I find this in there:

# If ACCEPT_ALL_COOKIES is set TRUE, Lynx will accept cookies from all
# domains with no user interaction.
# The default is defined in userdefs.h and can be overridden here, or
# in the .lynxrc file via an o(ptions) screen setting.  It may also be
# toggled via the -accept_all_cookies command line switch.
#
#ACCEPT_ALL_COOKIES:FALSE

That looks like it does what both of you are looking for.

Chuck