lynx-dev Dired for DOS

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: lynx-dev Dired for DOS
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 05:01:17 -0500 (CDT)

In <URL: http://www.flora.org/lynx-dev/html/month0599/msg00867.html>,
Dough wrote wrt his Dired for DOS patch:

> Problems:
>
> 1. To make this work, I made lynx_edit_mode = TRUE in LYMainLoop.c.
> This does not seem to be the correct solution. It seems that this
> should be handled by the code in HTAccess.c, but I don't understand
> how this works. If lynx_edit_mode isn't true, the dired menu doesn't
> appear with the "f" invocation of LYK_DIRED_MENU.

HTAccess.c sets lynx_edit_mode = TRUE if (HTAnchor_format(anchor) ==
WWW_DIRED), but that piece of code applies only for the case when the
document is "already in memory".  This in turn doesn't happen often
for directories viewed with dired, since there are HTuncache* calls
sprinkled around for the dired case (although you have disabled one
of them).  Normally setting of anchor->format to WWW_DIRED *and*
setting of lynx_edit_mode = TRUE should happen in HTFile.c (now in
print_local_dir()), does that code not get executed for DOS??

   Klaus