Re: lynx-dev GIFs corrupted with mime headers option

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev GIFs corrupted with mime headers option
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 1999 07:33:57 -0500 (CDT)

On Sat, 19 Jun 1999, David Woolley wrote:
> Unless you use MSIE mis-rules, or a separate HEAD request, that is the
> only way of reliably telling what sort of image file you have - you need
> the content-type header.

Yes, you're right.

> > is just to get the data, it should use -source (-dump should also work).
> > Maybe the "corruption" is just the presence of MIME headers in the result!
>
> wget configured to produce the MIME headers works.

I tried to reproduce it, on linux, but couldn't.

(Or were you talking about running Lynx under DOS or Windowst?  In that
case I can't help.)

Can you make available the two version downloaded by lynx and wget,
respectively, and the source URL, so someone can look at the difference.
You have solved your problem, but not lynx's problem (if there is one).

   Klaus