Re: lynx-dev Hi

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Hi
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 14:58:49 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 22 Jun 1999, suxm wrote:

> Hi, everyone.
> If I want to port the lynx from text-based to SVGA LIB in linux
> (just want to display the pictures and make the web pages look
> more pretty), what should I pay attention to ?
> How long will I take ? Is it possible ?
>
> Any suggestion will be appreciated.
> Thank you very much.

First see the "Lynx with graphics" message in the archive for March:
esp. the message from David Woolley.

I tend to agree with David, "this would not be Lynx" any more.

Support for inline images would require a departure from Lynx's
one-pass, one-request model, that is significant code changes
(including in the underlying WWW Library code).

   Klaus