Re: lynx-dev GIFs corrupted with mime headers option

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev GIFs corrupted with mime headers option
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 16:23:13 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 21 Jun 1999, Rob Partington wrote:

> In message <address@hidden>,
>            Klaus Weide writes:
> >
> > Can you please check again with my "2.8.3dev.2 patch 1" (only the
> > HTTP.c part is relevant).  Any corruption still there?
>
> Almost perfect.  I get the raw data now, but the last byte is changed
> from \x00 to \x0A.  Doesn't make any difference to the gifs I'm testing
> it on, but it may break something else.
>
> Ok, some more tests later, looks like it's adding a \n after the raw
> data, not changing anything -- this breaks gzip'd data, unfortunately.

Could you put those result up somewhere too, so I can look at them?

Also, does this depend on the length of the file?  You could try
  a) very small (size < 1536)
  b) 1536 << size < 4096
  c) size >> 4096
(based on some fixed buffer sizes in lynx that may be relevant)

I couldn't reproduce the initial problem, so I won't try to regenerate
this one.  If it's similar to the one with \x00, it would depend
on how the data arrives (how it's partitioned into network datagrams),
which is most different for you.  (I'm usually using a local proxy,
which probably ships the headers off in a separate first packet, that's
why I wouldn't have seen the \x00 problem.)

   Klaus