Re: lynx-dev Re: Hello/LYNX

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: Hello/LYNX
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 18:30:35 +0900 (JST)

> The next problem is that the POT file header is quite incorrect: it comes
> from a very old version of `xgettext'. The Translation Project did not use
> that format for a long time, it is quite obsolete by now.  Please grab:
> http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/contrib/po/gettext-0.10.35.tar.gz
> Project corrects automatically in all POT and PO files it handles. We have
> to find ways to live with the current situation until the next `gettext'.

I have been encouraging the developers from the onset to drop the /intl
subdirectory within the Lynx distribution. Mainly it seems that the
GNU gettext package is still under development and is a project quite
independent of Lynx. It's like maintaining a package within a package.
In addition, Sun has its own implementation. Do you have advice/opinions?

> the POT file is now part of the PO Central Archives. Wow, 1040 messages

Some of these messages will be removed, others combined, some changed,
and more added. It is hard to say "_the_ POT file" without labeling it
for each development snapshot.  Do you update these periodically?

__Henry